The Schubert plant-cockpit
The Gerhard Schubert GmbH Company manufactures flexible packing machines. The application of Schubert’s plant control allows to record a vast quantity of data, including the OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), an indicator for the quality of a production line.
In order to improve the overall efficiency of the plant, Schubert wanted to offer an analyzing system to its customers and commissioned SCS to implement a so called plant-cockpit.
By developing the plant-cockpit, SCS has precisely developed a solution corresponding to the needs and requirements of the customer.The result is a contemporary application, both technically and in terms of the user experience. Thanks to the longstanding and broad experience in developing wide spread and complex applications in the Microsoft .net environment, the team was able to stick to the ambitious timetable.
The plant-cockpit loads, filters and visualizes the OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and other indicators from various plant controls located around the globe. The user friendly guidance of the software allows to identify the cause of a loss of efficiency with a few mouse clicks. This makes it possible to find the root cause of errors and corresponding losses of efficiency faster and applying appropriate counter measures in order to improve the OEE.
The most important qualities:
- Loading of data from many, globally located plant controls
- Flexible filtering
- Efficient navigation, from the overview to the root cause of a problem within few mouse clicks
- Access to recent as well as archived data
- Pre-configured and individually combinable views
- Quick overview of the execution of the last jobs
- Microsoft .NET 4.0 , WPF, WCF (used for asynchronous requests; among other uses)
- Telerik WPF Controls
- Visual Studio 2012
Website of the manufacturer: Schubert Anlagencockpit