We develop novel machine vision & mathematical morphology algorithms to analyze complex multi-modal Life Science images.
Development of 2D/3D image segmentation & classification algorithms for (semi-)automated analysis of complex cellular structures in plants & liver images from Electron Micrographs (EM).
- Develop & benchmark different 2D / 3D algorithms to segment, classify and quantify specific organells in sectional EMs:
- Liver cells: vesicles, mitochondria, red blood cells, ER
- Plant cells: thylakoid membrane, chloroplasts, yeast sections
- Develop a graphical user interface that bests supports
- The training phase (object classification)
- Post-corrections of non- & erroneously classified objects
Kind of Work
30% Theory, 70% Software Engineering
Solid knowledge of Matlab and C++, Good knowledge of Image Processing
Time & Effort
Master’s Thesis, 1-2 People