The pharmaceutical search for active substances against all kinds of diseases is being revolutionised over and over again, thanks to tremendous progress being achieved in the fields of micro biology, chemistry, microscopy, process automation and computer science.
By the means of robot-supported high-pressure through put processes like the high-content-screening (HCS), hundreds of thousands of substances and molecule activities may be analyzed within a very brief period of time − fully automatically, quantitatively and straight in the cell, the actual place of activity of the potential active substances. Today’s HTS systems reach throughput rates of 100’000 to 200’000 probes per day, putting high demands upon the image processing software as well as the bioinformatics software.
Focussing on the fast and flexible processing of complex micro-spectroscopic data (for instance multi-dimensional HCS images) SCS has developed a computer based software: The μSpec DP «Micro- Spectroscopy Data processor»
- Processes single images, as well as series of thousands of micro-spectroscopic images either manually or fully automatically
- Identifies specific cellular structures, for instance nuclei, cytoplasm, membranes or speckles
- Analyzes the structure-associated molecular signals
- Persists the results on a single-cell basis
- Allows significant acceleration through parallelization (using multiple computers and graphic cards simultaneously)
Contact person at SCS