I love bringing new academic achievements to practicality through meaningful applications.
Alain Brenzikofer, MSc EEIT ETH
- Embedded systems
- Optimal control
- Smart grid solutions
- Whitepaper trusted timestamping of sensor data
- Quartierstrom (Dynamic Grid Tariffs (CIRED Paper) | Privacy Preserving P2P Energy Market on the Blockchain )
- substraTEE: Off-chain trusted execution of smart contracts: scalability, confidentiality & interoperability for blockchains
- Improved Security for High-Frequency Cryptocurrency TradingToday, cryptocurrencies are mostly traded on centralized exchanges, which can handle very large bid volumes very quickly at low costs. However, the trader risks the total loss of his deposited tokens in case of a hacker attack or fraud of the operator. Alternatively, decentralized exchanges are becoming increasingly popular. These consist of smart contracts that are ...
- Have a TEE with PolkadotTogether with our client, the Web3 Foundation, we’ve published a blog about our trusted off-chain computing platform SubstraTEE which improves confidentiality, scalability and interoperability of blockchain solutions: Have a TEE with Polkadot More technical detail and a live demo with private token transactions is given in the recording of our recent meetup: https://youtu.be/UKsRHt8yQfI This project is open source and ...
- SCS enhances privacy on blockchainsSCS has received a development grant from the web3 foundation in Zug for developing a privacy enhancement for blockchains that are based on Parity Substrate, such as Polkadot and its parachains. SCS will leverage Trusted Execution Environments, namely Intel SGX, to enable use cases requiring enhanced confidentiality or integrity of decentralized computation. This means that you will ...
- New Department “Decentralized Systems”As of July 1, 2018, SCS has launched a new Department for Blockchain and Internet-Of-Things. Alain Brenzikofer heads the newly formed group as the new Department Head. We congratulate Alain Brenzikofer on the new role and wish him every success. Distributed Ledger Technologies, Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, IoT: The terms are ubiquitous and will disrupt various industries. Alain ...