Thanks to more and more powerful embedded systems, it is now possible to economically implement controllers for machines, heaters or power storage devices, which can independently learn the characteristics of the system to be controlled and make use of predictions such as the weather forecast. Thanks to such controllers, systems can be operated much more efficiently.
- Model Predictive Control (MPC)
- Reinforcement Learning (RL)
- System Identification
SCS has experience in optimizing production lines, prosumer dispatch in the “Smart Grid” (GridBox project), complex heating systems with geothermal probes and solar collectors.
Optimal Control – Blog Postings
- Smart Grid Solutions AG: GridBox Technology is now being commercializedAfter a highly successful research- and demonstration project, the GridBox Technology is now being commercialized within the scope of a spin-off project. The company smart grid solutions AG (website), led by Martin von Euw, will take the technology to market maturity. Supercomputing Systems AG is the technology partner of the new company. Concerning this matter, read ...
- GridBox: Project campaigns successfully fulfilledIn collaboration with BKW, ewz and Bacher Energie AG, as well as co-financed by the Federal Office of Energy (FOE), SCS AG has successfully fulfilled the GridBox measurement and demonstration campaigns by March 2016. The GridBox project demonstrated a real-world instance of a full featured smart grid concept. Two distribution grid regions were equipped with ...
- SCS Optimizer GameModern print media are highly customized products, which efficiently appeal to lots of customer groups with well-defined contents and enclosures. The logistical management for hundreds and thousands of enclosures as well as the optimal planning of the complex production requires sophisticated algorithms, i.e. solution strategies. The corresponding specialised mathematical/IT area is called operations research. The ...