Life in today’s networked, global world means that we have to assess increasingly complex situations in ever shorter periods of time and have to make decisions with increasingly far-reaching consequences. Intelligent decision-making tools enable us to allocate scarce resources more effectively, to plan processes more efficiently and integrate framework conditions more adequately.
Science addresses a multitude of challenges under the heading of Operation Research (OR). Through the use of modern analytical methods and algorithms, decision-makers can be supported in their aim to achieve more adequate assessment of complex issues. To put it more simply, OR is “the science of improvement”. A number of advantages are available to you, whether your goal is to plan sophisticated production, to allocate company vehicles to field staff or to send data packages as reliably as possible via a network.
- Better exploitation of resources thanks to
- fewer employees, smaller plant volume
- shorter process and lead times
- Less material used
- lower failure rates through more consistent planning
- greater productivity, improved capacity, less downtime
- faster reaction times to unexpected changes
What can SCS do for you?
- Analysis and structuring of existing situations
- Mathematical modelling of complex processes
- Identification and inclusion of the essential influencing variables and relationships
- Consideration of the relevant boundary conditions
- Analysis and assessment of proposed solutions
- Integration into existing infrastructures and workflows
Planning and Decision-Making Tools - Blog Postings
- AI at the Edge: How artificial intelligence moves from cloud to device(Unfortunately, this presentation is currently only available in German.) In naher Zukunft wird KI zu unserem Alltag gehören. So werden selbstoptimierende Maschinen, Spracherkennung sowie diagnostizierende Medizingeräte uns täglich unterstützen. Die zugrunde liegenden Algorithmen sind extrem leistungsfähig aber auch leistungshungrig. Was steckt wirklich hinter der KI? Wie kann diese «at the edge», also eingebettet im Endgerät laufen, ...
- New Department “Decentralized Systems”As of July 1, 2018, SCS has launched a new Department for Blockchain and Internet-Of-Things. Alain Brenzikofer heads the newly formed group as the new Department Head. We congratulate Alain Brenzikofer on the new role and wish him every success. Distributed Ledger Technologies, Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, IoT: The terms are ubiquitous and will disrupt various industries. Alain ...
- Round Table of Experts „Industry 4.0 – Internet of Things – Cloud“Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Cloud – all these terms are currently being discussed all over. However, most of the time, a common understanding is missing about the meaning of these terms and the way they are to be implemented in the industry. Also, the benefit for the customer is not always clear. During a recent ...
- 10 years of successful program planning at Swiss radio and television SRFThe traffic system Proteus from Swiss radio and television SRF is a success story. For more than 10 years the detailed program planning for the channels SRF1, SRFzwei and SRFinfo has taken place with the help of this tool. Proteus was conceived and implemented by SCS between 1998 and 2002. Up to that point the various ...